Cleaning the pool filter pumps, baskets frequently is vital to the overall maintenance of the swimming pool. The clogged baskets make your pool pump have to work harder to try to cycle the water. This process can help to decrease the life and stress the seals in your pump.
In addition to the water flow impeded by the water pool baskets filled full of debris, you are able to get the proper turnover rate to properly filter your swimming pool water. If you want your pool to stay clean and clear the water in the pool must be filtered.
If you have a swimming pool and pump baskets filled with the debris, then you are not able to pulling as much as water to the pump and there is no need for filtering as much water if the baskets were keep as clean, this can have negative effects on the pool maintenance.
The cleaning process of swimming pool filter has two processes such as
- Cleaning the pump basket,
- Cleaning the skimmer basket,
Cleaning the Pump Basket:
- While you process with your pump basket, turn off pool cleaner pump and pool heater. If the heater was in operation mode then you should wait at least 5-10 minutes for the heater to cool down before turning off the pool pump.
- Close skimmer and main drain valves.
- On your swimming pool if the pool pump is placed below the water level in the pool, then turn the filter valve to the closed mode.
- You need to remove pump lid.
- To clean the pump basket, use a garden hose to wash the basket. While doing like this the baskets become brittle over time and can break easily.
- It is easiest way to clean a basket if the contents are allowed to fully dry. To have a spare pump basket to rotate with the dirty basket is the simple way to perform the cleaning task.
- You need to inspect the pump basket for signs of damage and if you found any of damage then replace it.
- You can able to reinstall pump basket as a part of your cleaning. Some baskets will twist-lock in place and do not over-tighten the basket after cleaning.
- In addition to the above points, you need to keep the below things on your mind,
- Make sure filter valve is in the correct filter position.
- Open the main drain valve all the way.
- Open the air relief valve on the pool filter.
- Turn on pool pump.
Cleaning the Skimmer Basket:
Cleaning the skimmer basket will include the below process,
- First turn off the pool pump before doing it.
- Remove skimmer lid to clean it.
- Remove skimmer basket and empty out before clean it.
- Then you need to install the basket back into the skimmer.
- Install skimmer lid and turn the system back on.
If you want to keep your pool clean, you need to clean it frequently.